Metropolitan Fashion Week is sponsoring a Christmas tree to benefit Providence Senior and Community Services through a three day holiday celebration called O’Christmas Trees.The theme for this year’s tree is Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale “The Steadfast Tin Soldier.” An adaptation of the tale is set to the first movement of the Piano Concerto No. 2 in F Major by Dmitri Shostakovich. The tree will include donated musical instruments and toys that represent the fairy tale The tree will be auctioned at the 28th Annual O’ Christmas Trees Gala Dinner & Auction, Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at The Westin Seattle.
The donated items will support the work of Providence Senior and Community Services, a division of Providence Health & Services. They provide compassionate, mission-driven care to over 15,200 poor and vulnerable people of all ages in King County and beyond through a variety of service programs. These include hospice, home health, home infusion, nursing homes, assisted living, a food bank, and health support services and housing for low income and disabled adults. All of its programs depend heavily on the generosity the community.
Charitable contributions fund a variety of programs including bereavement and caregiver support, spiritual care, medical equipment, mental health, rent, dentistry, medicine, and specialty services; the many necessary essentials that provide a better quality of life for the individual and their families.
In the last 7 years they have raised over $135,000 with their tree designs.
Help Metropolitan Fashion Week by donating any of the following instruments ( New or gently used)
- String family : Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass (double bass, contra bass)
- Woodwind family : Flute, Piccolo, Oboe, English horn, Clarinet, Bass clarinet, Bassoon, Contra bassoon, SaxophonesBrass family.
- Trumpet, Horn (French horn), Trombone, Tuba
- Keyboards and Harp Celesta, Piano, Harp, Harpsichord, Organ, Synthesizer, Accordion
- Percussion family: Timpani, Snare drum, Bass drum, Cymbals, Tambourine, Triangle, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Chimes, Marimba, Vibraphone (vibes), Tubular bells, Crotales.