The Phoenix Fashion Week Designers & Buyers Team will be traveling to San Francisco, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Charleston, New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, and St. Louis in search of the nation’s best Emerging Designers.
Like Seattle Fashion Incubator, Phoenix Fashion Week is dedicated Bridging Designers & Buyers and they aren’t able to do that without talented designers like you. So, we would like to OFFICIALLY INVITE you to apply to our 2014 Emerging Designer Program, that includes their very challenging 4-month Designer Boot-Camp (June – Sept.) and your official launch to the world in October.
You will have until April 30, 2014 (the sooner the better, though) to mail in your Emerging Designer Application along with a deposit (50% of your application fee, that will not be cashed until you are accepted). Be sure to include the information below and send to –Phoenix Fashion Week – 3316 E. Washington, Suite 201 Phoenix, AZ 85034
You will be judged by your application & brand on the following items (please have these available and in working order):
1. Website – (a must) – Hopefully you have working e-commerce?
2. Portfolio – Pictures or sketches communicating your brand.
3. Sample Garment (in good shape, as if you were sending it to a buyer).
4. Price Sheet – wholesale or retail (to get a feel for your market level).
5. Vision Statement – What is your collection about and where is it going?
6. Boutique List – List 10 stores (.com’s count) that you are currently sold in OR THAT you want/plan to be?
7. Production – How is your line currently produced? Future Capacity?
8. Categorize Your Line – Men’s, Women’s, Evening, Couture, Swim, Ready to Wear, etc.
9. Finances – Explanation of how your brand is currently financed? Future Capacity?
10. Sales – What have you sold so far? How do you plan to sell?
ASK YOURSELF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU APPLY:
How is your Collection? – Is your construction high quality; is it cohesive? Is there a market for your brand?
TRUE STATEMENT: There are many talented designers out there so make sure your package is sent on time, neat and stands out.
Feel free to contact Brian if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).